How To Control Diabetes – Many people are suffering from diabetes nowadays. It has become one of the very common problems worldwide. Although it is very common, along with this, it is very dangerous if you don’t care it properly. So if you are suffering from diabetes and wondering how to control Diabetes then you are at right place. From here you can get all the information about how to control diabetes.
You can find out many persons suffering from diabetes along with your household. It becomes very dangerous in many cases like if you don’t know the proper methods to how to control Diabetes. So, if you are looking for the best way then here we have all you need to know.
What is Diabetes?
Diabetes is also known as Diabetes Mellitus (DM). It is a group of metallic disorders in which there is an increase in a sugar level of the body. One person will suffer from diabetes if its blood sugar or blood glucose is too high. Blood glucose comes from the food you eat and it is your main source of energy. Diabetes can also happen if either of your pancreases not producing enough insulin or if cells of your body not responding properly to the insulin produced. Insulin is a hormone produced by the pancreas, which helps in glucose from the food gets into our cells to be used for energy.
When a body doesn’t produce insulin or not use it properly then glucose remains in the blood and doesn’t reach into the cells. Then with the time glucose level too high the blood and cause health problems. As Diabetes has no cure, you can only take steps to control and manage your diabetes. But if you don’t take it in a serious way then it becomes very dangerous.
Types of Diabetes
The most common types of Diabetes are type 1, type 2, and gestational diabetes.
It results when the pancreas fails to produce enough insulin. This type of Diabetes mostly found in children and young adults, although it can appear at any age. Type 1 Diabetic patient have insulin every day to stay alive.
It results when your body cells fail to respond properly to insulin. It can also find at any age, even from childhood. But mostly it is diagnosed in mid-aged and old people.
It is mostly found in pregnant ladies. In most cases, it goes away from pregnancy.
Other types of Diabetes are monogenic diabetes, which is inherited, and cystic fibrosis-related diabetes.
How to Control Diabetes
As you know there are very serious cases if you don’t know how to control diabetes. You can suffer from many health diseases if you don’t manage it properly and are
- Kidney disease
- Eye problem
- Heart disease
- Dental problem
- Nerve problem
- Foot problem
So before your diabetes reach the serious level start to control it. Here are some tips which are very helpful if you are wondering how to control diabetes.
You can control type 1 and type 2 diabetes with food, diet, and proper blood testing. Blood glucose testing is an excellent tool for managing diabetes. You can also test it at your home with blood glucose meter. You should have to check it before and after meals so that you can change your diet plan and dosage decisions.
Control Type 1 Diabetes
- Type 1 Diabetes requires close monitoring of blood sugar levels.
- You should also have to check the quantity of carbohydrate with the right amount of insulin in your food.
- Eating a balanced diet, containing a variety of vegetables, will help you to provide healthy nutrients that the body needs.
- Try to include foods containing unsaturated fats in your diets such as nuts, oily fish, and avocado.
- We recommend you to avoid processed food and try to eat freshly home prepared food.
Control Type 2 Diabetes
- You control this type of diabetes from the diet plan.
- Choose the food that affects your blood sugar level significantly. You can check by the blood glucose testing that which foods are blood glucose friendly. The best way to do this is, take the test before the meal and then take the test after meals one or two times in the interval of 2 hours and 4 hours to check which food is good for your sugar level.
- Low carbohydrates diet is also helpful for the people suffering from Type 2 Diabetes.
So, here we have provided you a information about how to control diabetes. We hope this will help you to control your diabetes. If you want more help then visit our official website.