What a cancer patient should eat – Worried about what to eat if suffering from cancer? What should be the diet plan of a cancer patient? If yes, then no need to worry. As we are here to help you. We provide you all the information about what a cancer patient should eat.
A healthy diet is a key to healthy living. A cancer patient should have a healthy diet so that they will fight with the condition. You can contact Dietitian Priyanka, who is one of the leading dietitians in the city. She will help you to get the best diet plan for a cancer patient.
What should a cancer patient eat?
A good nourishment is an important weapon n fight against cancer. American Cancer Society tells that the diet and exercise can increase the chances of survival and even prevent cancer returning. Chemotherapy, radiation, and other cancer treatments can affect your body very hard. So healthy food choice can help you to feel better and speed your recovery.
- Tomato, tomato puree and parsley are good for prostate cancer patients.
- Tomato, carrots, pumpkin, peas, and turnip are good for vitamin and fiber.
- Asparagus and Brussel sprouts are good for their rich antioxidants.
- Cruciferous vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, and cabbage contain plant chemical that can covert bad oestrogen into good oestrogen and reduces cancer risk as well as the risk of a relapse.
- Green leafy vegetables are good for calcium and iron.
- Bitter gourd is very helpful for lowering blood sugar levels.
- Apricots, green and red peppers, green like kale and spinach and sweet potatoes, carrots provide cancer carotenoid like beta-carotene, which converts to vitamin A. You can make a juice from them.
- Broccoli contains fiber and helps to eliminate toxins. It also contains indoles, especially indole3carbinol, helps in fighting oestrogen cancer like breast, prostate, brain and colorectal cancers.
- Mushrooms boost the immune system and fight the cancer cells.
- Garlic kills microbes and yeasts. It also contains selenium, tryptophan and sulfur-based active agents that help to kill cancer cells.
- Eat 100% fruit and vegetable juices.
- Orange is good to eat as it provides vitamin C.
- Avocadoes, guava, apricots, figs, prunes, and raisins are good for energy.
- Beetroot, cherries, plums, red grapes and any purple colored fruits and vegetables contain anthocyanin which helps to kill cancer cells.
- Banana, kiwi, peaches, mangoes, pears, and strawberries are good for vitamin and fiber.
- Dairy products, nuts, dried beans, dhals, and chickpeas are good to eat for cancer patients.
- Fish and soy foods are good for prostate cancer patients.
- Lean meat, fish, poultry, eggs, tauhu, and taukwa helps a lot in cancer patients.
- Sunflower seeds are high in Zinc and natural vitamin E. Zinc helps vitamin C to do its work and increase the speed of healing time. You can take 15 to 25 mg per day.
- Pumpkin seeds provide vitamin E the ultimate cancer buster. Vitamin E improves your immunity and fighting abilities. You can take 5 tablespoons.
- Sesame seeds are good for oestrogen cancer.
- Wholegrain crackers, oats, corn, potatoes, beans and dairy products are good to include in your diet.
- Rice, noodles, chapatti, wholegrain bread, and pasta are good for cancer patients.
- Honey, can be good for cancer patients as it is good for anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties which helps in preventing infections.
- Provides long chain omega-3.
- Fish oil also contains Vitamin A, which is an important vitamin to fight against cancer.
- It helps to reduce the levels of prostate, breast and colon cancer.
Foods To Avoid
- Red meat and processed meats such as bacon, ham, sausages should not be taken.
- Minimise the use of alcohol.
- Avoid preserved foods like jams, pickle, and century eggs as they contain nitrites.
- Excess intake of sugar, salt, and oily foods should not include in your diet.
- Deep fried, grilled, barbequed, baked meats.
We have provided all the information about what a cancer patient should eat. If you want a proper diet plan for cancer patient then contact Dietitian Priyanka. She will help you to get the best diet plan and helps you in the best way. As she is one of the most trustworthy dietitians in the city. For more queries visit our official website.