- ¾ teaspoon salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 4 cups bite-size broccoli florets (about 8 ounces)
- 1 (15 ounce) can low-sodium chickpeas, rinsed
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- Soak onion in a small bowl of cold water for 10 minutes. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, toast cumin in a small dry skillet over medium heat, stirring, until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl. Add yogurt, tahini, oil, lemon juice, ½ teaspoon salt and pepper; whisk until smooth. Add broccoli, chickpeas, pomegranate seeds and the onion and toss to combine. Let stand 10 minutes. Season with the remaining ¼ teaspoon salt and toss again.
- To make ahead: Refrigerate for up to 1 day.
- Serving size: 1 cup
- Per serving: 162 calories;9 g fat(1 g sat); 4 g fiber; 16 g carbohydrates; 6 g protein; 46 mcg folate; 2 mg cholesterol; 4 g sugars; 0 g added sugars; 1,439 IU vitamin A; 47 mg vitamin C; 69 mg calcium; 1 mg iron; 344 mg sodium; 369 mg potassium
- Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (78% daily value), Vitamin A (29% dv)
- Carbohydrate Servings: 1
- Exchanges: ½ starch, ½ vegetable, ½ lean meat, 1½ fat