10 Reasons To Drink Cumin Water – There are many medical benefits of having jeera water on a daily basis. There are over 10 reasons to drink cumin water. It is easy to make and one of the easily available food items in the Indian market. Did you know? One teaspoon of cumin seeds contains only 7 calories but are rich in antioxidants, and other bioactive compounds.
Jeera is very effective for weight loss as it is good for metabolism and is a hypoglycemic agent. It helps in losing extra kilos and has also been proven by various experiments conducted. Also, jeera contains antioxidants and a chemical named aldehyde which triggers salivation impulses and boosts digestive enzymes. Moreover, the cumin seed’s benefits have been recorded in ayurvedic texts and are even evident in modern medicines. Indian households have been using cumin seeds for years. A nutty earthy flavor packed with so many health benefits.
How to Make Jeera/Cumin Water?
It is quite easy to make and all you need is water and cumin seeds. Soaked some seeds approx. 1-2 tablet spoons in water overnight. Then this jeera will swell up and release bioactive compounds into the water. Strain the water and enjoy
Or you can make instant jeera water by putting the water and jeera mix onto the flames and when the water turns yellow-brownish, turn off the flames. Then strain the water and take it first thing in the morning.
List of 10 Reasons To Drink Cumin Water On Daily Basis
- A Good Hydrated Drink – Taking cumin water with some honey, squeezed lemon, and a pinch of salt, helps in keeping your body hydrated. It is best for people to feel dizzy and nauseous after working out. Also, it flushes out the toxins from the body.
- Great For Weight Loss – Jeera water improves insulin sensitivity which leads to controlling blood sugar levels. Having jeera water 3 times a day helps in improving body mass index, visceral fat, and metabolic disorders. Cumin seed possesses a fat-burning bioactive substance that shows effective results with daily exercise.
- Best For Digestive System – Jeera water is very good for the digestive system as it protects against irritable bowel disease. It is useful in cases like nausea, indigestion, and diarrhea. Cumin contains a compound named thymol that stimulates gastric gland secretion.
- Improves Insulin Sensitivity – Jeera water is very good for controlling sugar levels as this cumin water makes the body more sensitive to insulin.
- Anti-Inflammatory Properties – Cumin water has anti-inflammatory properties that help in protecting the liver.
- Lowers the Cholesterol Levels – Cumin contains a chemical named hypolipidemic that helps in controlling the high-fat levels. It helps in maintaining cholesterol levels.
- Rich in Antioxidants – Cumin seeds are rich in apigenin and luteolin antioxidants that help in getting free of radicals. Jeera contains polyphenols that help in preventing oxidative stress. It boosts the immune system.
- Good for Sharpening Memory – Jeera water is very good for the central nervous system and it reduces stress. Due to this, it helps in relaxing the brain and sharpening the brain.
- Fights Bacteria – Jeera water is effective in fighting bacterial infection and making the immune system stronger. Cumin has anti-bacterial properties which are useful to fight back bacteria in the body.
- Reduce Risk of Cancer – Jeera water possesses anti-cancer properties and also prevents metastasis. It helps in preventing cancer to reach new organs and reduce the risk of cancer.
What is the Best time for having Jeera Water?
The best time to drink jeera water is right when you first wake up in the morning. On an empty stomach in the morning, drinking jeera water is advantageous since it helps with digestion, lessens bloating, and promotes weight loss. Although the beverage can be eaten at any time of the day, jeera water effects are greatest when consumed in the morning.
At last, we are hoping you get all the information regarding the “10 Reasons To Drink Cumin Water”. But one should understand that excess of everything is bad, so please concern a dietitian or nutritionist before starting to take cumin/jeera water.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question – Can we drink cumin water on a daily basis?
Answer – Yes, you can drink cumin water in a limited amount on a daily basis.
Question – Is cumin water good for weight loss?
Answer – Yes, cumin water is good for metabolic boost and controlling sugar levels. So, jeera water is beneficial for weight loss.