Top Benefits Of Coconut Water
Top Benefits Of Coconut Water – Coconut Water is very beneficial for health and has become an important beverage. It is considered a tasty and refreshing health drink. Here we will tell you about the top benefits of coconut water. As we know that the human body needs hydration to maintain skin balance. Water is fuel for your body to function well.
Coconut water is a good source of many nutrients. The coconut is considered as a fruit rather than a nut in Botany. In general, coconut water is the juice found in the center of green and young coconut. This juice also helps in nourishing the fruit from inside to grow properly.
List Of Top Benefits Of Coconut Water
Coconut water is advantageous for health in many aspects. You should start drinking coconut water daily for improving your health. Here are the top benefits of drinking coconut water mentioned below.
Balances Blood Sugar
Coconut water is an electrolyte replenishment drink and it aids in balancing blood sugar levels as well as hemoglobin levels. It contains calcium, phosphorus, zinc, manganese, iron, copper, and amino acids. This drink has turned out to be a great drink for diabetics. It is best to have a sufficient quantity of coconut water from natural sources instead of any packed bottle drink.
- It contains 15 % fructose, 35% sucrose, and 50% glucose.
- Drinking about 250 ml of coconut water twice a day is recommended for balancing blood sugar.
Increases Heart Health
Coconut water has fabulous benefits for heart health. It is a good health drink because it is comprised of natural ingredients, electrolytes, and mineral content, calories, and carbohydrates. It protects your cardiovascular system, liver functioning, blood pressure, and blood sugar.
- Coconut water contains 600 mg of potassium per serving.
- It contains about 95% water, 4% carbohydrates, 0.1% fat, 0.02% calcium, 0.01% phosphorus, and 0.5% iron.
- It is recommended to have 4700 milligrams of coconut water daily as it will make a one cup serving of it.
Helpful For Rehydration
Coconut water is helpful for the rehydration process in the body. Staying hydrated is very important for good health. This helps in maintaining the body temperature and replacing the lost electrolytes to regulate body functioning. Coconut water also helps in reducing diseases like nausea and stomach problems also.
- According to Nutrition science, pure coconut water contains 45 calories, 11 grams of carbohydrates
- 70 milligrams of sodium, and about 500 milligrams of potassium per cup.
- It is better to drink one full cup of coconut water daily in case of dehydration in the body.
Lowers Cholesterol And Triglycerides
Coconut water helps in decreasing cholesterol levels and triglycerides in the body. This helps in reducing the major risk of having heart attacks. Also, it will help in cleansing and detoxification process inside the body. This ultimately provides support to the detoxifying organs liver and kidneys to work properly.
- Drinking 240 ml of coconut water daily is best for lowering down cholesterol levels in your body.
- One full cup of coconut water contains about 46 calories, 9 grams of carbs, 3 grams of fiber, 2 grams of protein, and vitamin C.
Prevent Kidney Stones
Drinking enough water is important for preventing kidney stones. Coconut water is far better than drinking normal water. Kidney stones are formed due to the combination of crystals of calcium and oxalate in the urine. It helps in keeping away these crystals from the urinary tract and also helps in reducing the number of these crystals.
- You can prevent kidney stones by taking 250 ml of coconut water daily along with 8 to 10 glasses of normal water daily.
Coconut water is a natural drink which has many benefits. Even for sports people or athletes, coconut water is a good drink to rehydrate their bodies. It is also helpful for reducing weight.