How To Cure Hypothyroidism
How To Cure Hypothyroidism – The percentage of people in India who are suffering from one or the other kind of thyroid disorder is increasing day by day. Every third Indian is suffering from hypothyroidism problem. A recent medical survey has shown that over 33 lakh adults all over India are suffering from different types of thyroid disorders. The main topic of concern is how to cure hypothyroidism effectively.
Thyroid diseases mostly occur in women as compared to men. The males are comparatively less prone to thyroid issues. It is important to follow a healthy diet plan and good eating habits if you want to cure hypothyroidism and to reduce the chances of hypothyroidism. Dietitian Priyanka Mittal is one of the eminent healthcare professionals in the Chandigarh city who can give you the best health advice to cure hypothyroidism. For more details, you can contact us at 09779217001 or you can send your queries at email@example.com.
Hypothyroidism is the consequence of the thyroid gland that fails to produce enough thyroid hormone. The people who are suffering from hypothyroidism experience a slow metabolic rate, which is normally associated with some amount such as 5 to 10 pounds of weight gain.
Main causes of Hypothyroidism
Hypothyroidism can occur in any individual of any age. It can occur in children, adults, and the people of older age also at any time. This syndrome is common in India and women are more subjected to this particular disease. The main causes of hypothyroidism are.
- Iodine deficiency
- Pituitary gland deficiency
- Damage or removal of thyroid gland through surgery or any operation
- A family history of thyroid disease
- Certain medications
- Thyroid surgery
- Having some other diseases like rheumatoid arthritis, type 1 diabetes, or lupus, etc.
- Having some autoimmune diseases like Hashimoto’s thyroiditis
- Congenital diseases
Main Symptoms of Hypothyroidism
Hypothyroidism can be caused by poor thyroid hormone production, less conversion of inactive thyroid hormone (T4) into the active form thyroid hormone(T3), nutritional deficiencies, and many other factors.
The signs and symptoms of hypothyroidism depend upon the level of hormone deficiency. The metabolic activities of your body get slow when there is an inappropriate amount of thyroid hormone in your body. The main symptoms of hypothyroidism are mentioned as follows.
- Excess fatigue
- Increased sensitivity of cold and cough
- Dry skin
- Weight gain or obesity
- Weakness in the muscles
- Pain, stiffness, and swelling in the joints
- Hairs get thinner
- Slowed heart rate
- Impaired memory
- Enlarged thyroid gland (Goiter)
- Difficulty in losing weight
- Brittle hair and nails
- Inability to think clearly
- Sensitivity to cold temperatures
- Overall slowing of bodily functions
Treatment of Hypothyroidism
This health issue can be treated by adding nutritional foods in your diet and maintaining healthy eating habits. There is a lack of awareness about the thyroid misfunctioning among the people. Taking some specific medications and treatments can give relief from this thyroid problem. The treatments that include yoga, meditation, hypnosis, vitamin intake, special diet, etc. can save people from the risk factors of hypothyroidism. It is best to follow some healthy eating guide recommended by a registered dietitian or nutritionist.
Some specific foods to eat in this condition are.
- Iodine Rich Foods – Iodine is s very essential mineral which is needed to make thyroid hormones. Taking some iodine supplements can also help in treating this problem.
- Green Vegetables – All green leafy vegetables are fine to eat in this condition.
- SeaFood – The seafood which should be consumed in this condition include salmon, tuna, halibut, shrimp, etc.
- Dairy Products – The dairy products which include milk, cheese, and yogurt should be taken by the people who are suffering from hypothyroidism.
We hope, we have provided you all the details about Hypothyroidism. The thyroid is a problem which mainly starts due to the poor diet, stress or by missing the nutrients in the body. You can improve your diet by taking help from a good dietitian. A top health nutritionist can help you to cure hypothyroidism.