Nutritionist for Diabetes In Chandigarh
Nutritionist for Diabetes in Chandigarh – Diabetes is a serious health problem and this problem is prevailing more among the Indian population. According to a survey conducted by the International Diabetes Federation, it is shown that nearly 1 million Indians die due to Diabetes every year. In the current scenario, nearly 5 % of Indians suffer from this health issue. Consulting a nutritionist for Diabetes in Chandigarh can save you from the risk of this harmful disease.
The unhealthy food habits and the presence of a high quantity of fats and carbohydrates are causing a rapid increase in diabetes cases in India. Dietitian Priyanka Mittal is one of the eminent healthcare professionals in Chandigarh who gives the best health advice and diet tips to the people. For more details, call us at 09779217001 or you can send us your queries at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Diabetes is a chronic disease which occurs when the body doesn’t produce enough insulin which ultimately leads to the excess of sugar in the bloodstream. Insulin is the hormone produced by the pancreas which helps the body cells to use the glucose (sugar) in the food. Your body cells need this energy to function properly.
Main Types of Diabetes
There are three types of diabetes which mainly include.
- Type 1 Diabetes – Type 1 Diabetes is considered as an autoimmune condition. In this type of diabetes, your immune system attacks and destroys the beta cells in your pancreas that produces insulin hormone. This may occur from both genetic and environmental reasons.
- Type 2 Diabetes – In Type 2 Diabetes, your body cannot use insulin efficiently. It starts as insulin resistance. In this case when the insulin production decreases, then the level of blood sugar increases.
- Gestational Diabetes – Gestational Diabetes occurs in case of pregnant ladies. It occurs due to the insulin-blocking hormones that are produced during pregnancy.
Risk Factors for Diabetes
The major risk factors for diabetes include the following.
- Family History – Family history is one of the major risk factors of this disease. Having a blood relative with diabetes may increase your chance of developing this health issue.
- Race or Ethnic Background – People from a certain race have the risk of diabetes. If you are an African, American, Native American, Pacific Islander Descent, etc. then there are greater chances of developing Diabetes.
- Age Factor – The people who are in their old age have more chances of having diabetes. Generally, Type 2 diabetes occurs in middle age groups or in the people of 45 years of age.
- Being Overweight/Obesity – The people who are suffering from obesity are at a higher risk of developing diabetes, so it is important to manage your weight for decreasing this risk.
Some Guidelines for Diabetes Patients
The food you eat has a direct effect on blood glucose. Diabetes patients should know what to eat and what not to eat in order to save themselves from diabetes.
Some of the healthy eating guidelines for diabetes patients are.
- Have regular meals with proper portion sizes.
- Consume nutrient-rich foods in each meal, these foods include healthy fats, lean meats, whole grains, low-fat dairy products, etc.
- Choose fiber-rich foods such as fruits, vegetables, brown rice, whole wheat pasta, etc. in appropriate quantities.
- Drink calorie-free liquids such as unsweetened tea, coffee or juices.
Role of a Nutritionist for Treating Diabetes
A right nutritionist will help you in developing an eating plan that will fit into your lifestyle. They will guide you in making healthy food choices which will lower the risk of having diabetes disease. It is important to connect with a nutritionist for having the best diet chart regarding the food items to take.
Dietitian Priyanka Mittal: Best Nutritionist for Diabetes in Chandigarh
Dietitian Priyanka Mittal is one of the leading dietitians in the Chandigarh city. She is the best healthcare professional having an experience of five years in the Nutrition Solution Industry. Her belief is to improve the health condition of the people suffering from any type of diseases.
So, if you are in search of the top nutritionist for Diabetes, then we suggest you choose us.
Name – Dietitian Priyanka Mittal
Address – SCO 12, GF, Amcare Plaza, VIP Road, Zirakpur 140603
Phone – 09779217001