Diet plan for Arthritis
Diet plan for Arthritis – If you have arthritis, you know how devastating this condition can be. It is a disease that causes different types of joint pains, swelling, and stiffness in the bones and muscles. When a person suffers from arthritis, the most common question that comes to mind is ‘Is there any diet for Arthritis?’ or ‘What can I eat to help my joints?’ So, to clear this problem we will share some Diet Plan for Arthritis that can definitely help the people suffering from the same. You can connect with Dietitian Priyanka to get the proper diet tips and health tips to fight back arthritis.
Dietitian Priyanka is one of the leading nutritionists in the Panchkula city who gives the best dietary tips as well as guidance to the people to live a healthy life. She is among the top #10 Dietitians who can give the best diet plan for Arthritis. Although there is no perfect diet for curing Arthritis, there are several foods that have the power of fighting the inflammation, strengthens the bones and boosts the immune system. So, add such food in your Diet for Arthritis and get connected with Dietitian Priyanka to know more.
Different Types of Arthritis
There are more than 100 types of arthritis but put off them all, some are very common. So, those are –
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Psoriatic Arthritis
How can changing the diet plan helps in treating Arthritis?
Although there are no such dietary supplements that will cure arthritis the symptoms can improve when you change what you eat. Every person is different and so does the arthritis types so what works for one person might not do well for the other person. Many studies have shown that the food you eat has a link with your arthritis. There are two important things that should be in the mind of a person suffering from arthritis –
- Your Weight – Losing some extra kilos from your weight will reduce the strain on your joints, so there is no need for taking painkillers quite so often.
- Keep a Check on Vitamins and Minerals – A good diet helps in protecting you against some side-effects of drugs and against heart disease that can be a complication for certain types of arthritis.
So, If you have any type of arthritis you should try to eat:
- A balanced and diverse diet just like Dietitian Priyanka gives. You should try getting all the vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and other nutrients you need
- More of diets which includes fish (to include rich omega-3 fatty acids), pulses, nuts, olive oil and plenty of fruit and vegetables
What food you can include in the Diet Plan for Arthritis?
- Fish – Dietitians and nutritionist suggests 3-4 ounces of fish twice a week. Fishes are a good source of inflammation-fighting omega-3 fatty acids. Do, taking fish oil supplements to help in reducing the joint swelling and pain, duration of morning stiffness, etc. Best sources of omega 3 fatty acids are Salmon fish, tuna, sardines, herring, anchovies, scallops, and other cold-water fish
- Nuts & Seeds – Include a lot of nuts into your diet. Eat around 1.5 ounces of nuts and seeds daily. Nuts play a vital role in the anti-inflammatory diet. Though they’re relatively high in fat and calories but eating on nuts promotes weight loss as they are rich in protein, fiber, and monounsaturated fats. Walnuts, pine nuts, pistachios, and almonds are some good examples.
- Fruits & Veggies – These are loaded with Antioxidants. The nutrients from them have strong chemicals that act as the body’s natural defense system and helps to neutralize unstable molecules called free radicals that can damage cells. Red and purple fruits like strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries have an anti-inflammatory effect. Oranges, grapefruits, and limes are rich in vitamin C. intaking the right number of Vitamins can prevent inflammatory arthritis and maintaining healthy joints. Eating vitamin K-rich veggies like broccoli, spinach, lettuce, kale, and cabbage intensely reduces inflammatory markers in the blood.
- Olive Oil – Having three tablespoons of olive oil daily is beneficial for health. These are loaded with health-heart fats and anti-inflammatory drugs. Extra virgin olive oil goes through less refining and processing, so it retains more nutrients than standard varieties.
- Beans – A person suffering from arthritis should include about one or two cups twice a week. Beans are loaded with fiber and phytonutrients, which help lower CRP, an indicator of inflammation found in the blood. They are also an excellent source of proteins which is important for muscle growth.
- Whole Grains – You can eat a total of 6 ounces of grains per day at least 3 of which should be whole grains. Moreover, These are filled with fiber-rich foods and can lower the blood level of inflammatory marker C-reactive protein. Grains made of the kernel like whole-wheat flour, oatmeal, bulgur, brown rice, quinoa should be included.
So, These were some food items that can be included in the Diet Plan for Arthritis and help your body to be cured. You can pay a visit to Dietitian Priyanka Mittal. Also, Get the perfect diet plan which can cure arthritis. She provides the diet plans depending upon your body’s metabolism and your disease.