Diet Plan for Xerostomia – Xerostomia is also recognized as the dry mouth and his happened due to salivary secretion. This situation occurs due to the discomfort ability of the mouth because of changes the eating habits. Well, this is also the result of dehydration. Moreover, our blog contains full information about treating this situation by following the Diet Plan for Xerostomia. You can manage this sate of your mouth by adapting the below-mentioned tips in your daily life.
Xerostomia is also the reason for many cancer medications and chemotherapies. These decrease the saliva production due to this the person facing problems to chew, swallow, and take. This also leads to irritation in the mouth. Well, if you are facing the dry mouth issue then consult the dietitian or doctor. Do not take this issue lightly. Dt. Priyanka Mittal is the famous dietitian for the Diet plan for Xerostomia. She can help you to cure this issue. Well, Dt. Priyanka is the best dietitian in India having excellent experience in the nutritional field and gives the top tips for Xerostomia.
What are the Symptoms of Xerostomia
- A sticky, dry feeling in the mouth
- Cracked lips
- Sores & split skin at the corners of the mouth
- Frequent thirsts sores in the mouth
- Dry throat feeling
If you are facing these issues then you must consult a dietitian or doctor. A balanced diet plan for Xerostomia can help you to get rid of this dry mouth issue.
Foods to eat for Xerostomia
You can cure this without any medications because medicines are also one of the reasons to cause Xerostomia. Healthy eating has the power to cure any kind of health issue such as Xerostomia. And, this is a safe and effective way to treat any disease.
- Fruits like banana, stewed apple, melon, grapes, and pear
- Chicken stew
- Mashed potatoes with cream and cheese
- Yogurt or ice cream
- Scrambled Egg
- Pasta with sauce
- Omelet with cheese
- Fruit Juice
- Rice or milk pudding
- Soup with cream, soft meat or pasta in it
- Cereals with milk, sugar or honey
Dietary Tips For Xerostomia
- Always choose to eat high protein, soft, and moist diet.
- you can also take Soak bread or tools in milk.
- Eat lukewarm food. Hot food can burn your mouth.
- Moist fish, eggs, and cheese are also very good to eat in Dry mouth situation.
- Say no to dry foods like dry meat, bread, crackers, snack foods, etc.
- Drink plenty of water per day.
- Eat food slowly and chew the food to stimulate saliva.
- Add watery foods in your diet.
- Intake milkshakes.
- Avoid sugary foods and drinks.
- Also, say no to mint mouthwashes as these are helpful to dry the mouth.
- Eat fruits and vegetables.
- Avoid sodas and all preservatives.
- Brush your teeth twice a day.
- Rinse your mouth after intake of any kind of food especially sugary food.
- Visit the dentist for regular checkups.
- Not to eat Crunchy foods that can injure the mouth.
- Quit smoke for good results.
By following these habits or you can say that by changing your lifestyle to a healthy lifestyle you can prevent the symptoms of dry mouth. This is also caused by using a harsh toothbrush and changing the eating taste.
Xerostomia can be cured with the help of healthy eating. Intake the high fiber and water food to cure this issue. By following the best Diet Plan for Dry Mouth, you can treat this. Avoid the intake of medicines because this also the cause of eating medicines. For the best Diet Plan for Xerostomia, you can consult dietitian Priyanka.