Best Diet Plan for Liver Disease – Many people are struggling with liver diseases in India. A recent survey has shown that there are almost 33.90% of cases with chronic liver diseases like cirrhosis. There are many types of liver diseases like Fatty liver disease, Hepatitis B, Alcoholic hepatitis, Hemochromatosis, and many more. Here we will suggest you the best diet plan for liver disease.
These liver diseases can be treated by following a healthy diet and eating plan. It is necessary for the liver patients to take proper diet in their daily routine. A liver-friendly diet can improve the present health conditions of the people suffering from fatty liver diseases. Dietitian Priyanka Mittal is one of the eminent healthcare professionals who gives the best diet plan for liver disease. For more details, call us at 09779217001 or email us at email@example.com.
Table of Contents
A Healthy Diet for A Healthy Liver
Eating a balanced diet on a regular basis can help in eliminating these liver problems from your life. Fatty liver diseases are the diseases in which too much fat is accumulated in your liver. The diet for fatty liver diseases is comprised of fresh fruits, vegetables, high-fiber plants, legumes, whole grains, and no alcohol.
Main Causes of Liver Diseases
There are a number of causes of liver diseases and some of them are mentioned below.
- Infection – Liver diseases may usually arise due to the infection in the liver. This infection may occur due to the parasites and the viruses. The most common types of liver infections include Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, and Hepatitis C.
- Abnormality in the Immune System – Any type of abnormality in your immune system can affect your liver. Examples of autoimmune liver diseases include Autoimmune Hepatitis, Primary Biliary Cirrhosis, Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis.
- Genetics – The one more reason for liver diseases can be genetics. These diseases can occur due to any abnormal inherited gene from one or both of your parents.
Best Diet Plan for Liver Disease
A good diet plays an important role in treating liver diseases. The people having any type of liver conditions should make some diet considerations to stay healthy and fit.
Following steps, you can consider for having the best diet plan for liver disease.
- You should try eating a variety of fruits and vegetables every day.
- Your main food items should include potatoes, bread, rice, pasta, starchy carbohydrates, whole grains, etc.
- Try to choose lower fat and low sugar items in case of dairy products.
- It is important to drink 6 to 8 glasses of water daily.
- You should also eat beans, pulses, fish, eggs, meat, and other proteins in your diet.
Top Foods to Eat for Liver Diseases
The following food items should be eaten by liver patients.
- Beverages like coffee, tea, green tea, etc.
- Fruits should include Grapefruit, blueberries, cranberries, grapes, etc.
- Vegetables should include Cruciferous vegetables like brussels sprouts, broccoli, mustard greens, sprouts, etc.
- Nuts and seeds that are high in fats and nutrients such as walnuts, oatmeal for gaining energy.
- Fatty fish which include omega-3 fatty acids and omega-6 fats.
Foods to Avoid for Liver Diseases
Liver patients should avoid the following food items.
- The main thing that should be avoided by liver patients is alcohol consumption.
- Avoid fried foods that are rich in fats and calories.
- The flour that is highly processed should not be consumed by the liver patients such as white bread, rice, and pasta.
- Red meat that includes beef, deli meats should be avoided.
How Does the Best Diet Plan for Liver Diseases Look Like?
The best diet plan for liver diseases should look like the following menu including the sample menu.
- Breakfast – The breakfast should include hot oatmeal with almond butter and sliced banana. It also includes one cup of coffee with low-fat milk.
- Lunch – The lunch should include spinach salad with balsamic vinegar, grilled chicken, baked potatoes, one glass of milk, cooked broccoli, carrots, other vegetables.
- Dinner – The dinner should include small mixed-bean salad, grilled salmon, cooked broccoli, mixed berries, one whole grain roll.
Why Choose Dietitian Priyanka Mittal for Getting Best Diet Plan for Liver Disease?
Dietitian Priyanka Mittal is one of the leading dietitians in Chandigarh. She is having an experience of 5 years in the Nutrition Solutions Industry. The liver is an important body organ which performs many essential functions. It is better to follow the above-mentioned steps in order to get rid of your liver problems. We have stated the best diet plan for liver diseases in the above discussion in a precise manner.
Feel free to connect with us anytime and get the best health guidance for treating your liver diseases.
Name – Priyanka Mittal
Address – SCO 12, GF, AmcarePlaza, VIP Road, Zirakpur-140603
Phone – 09779217001