Home Remedies For Constipation Relieve Naturally- Causes & Symptoms – Are you suffering from constipation? Do you exactly know the meaning of constipation? So, many questions in your mind then we have the solutions to all your questions. In this blog, we’ll discuss the best Home Remedies For Constipation Relieve Naturally- Causes & Symptoms.
The means of constipation is the problems related to your stool like difficulty in passing stools. Many people experience mild symptoms at the starting stage and this issue may be resolved with home remedies. Ignoring this kind of problem may lead to chronic diseases.
Table of Contents
What is Constipation?
It is the condition in which an individual has trouble making bowel movements. Constipation occurs when you pass fewer than three bowel movements per week or have hard bowel movements that are hard and difficult to pass. This may lead to excessive straining and time spent on the toilet seat. The people may experience constipation due to the foods they eat, their lifestyle choices, medications they take, and their medical conditions.
Causes & Symptoms
Constipation usually occurs when the stool is moving too slowly and not moving through the digestive tract. When this happens, water is absorbed from the stools making it dry and hard. There are many causes of constipation as mentioned below:
- Dehydration – Constipation happens when you are not consuming enough water and fluids in your body.
- Your Diet – The food you consume is low in fiber may lead to constipation and the food includes greasy food, red meat, dairy products, etc.
- Not Being Active – Activeness plays an important role in your overall growth. If you are not doing any activity and not making time for yourself then this may lead to constipation.
- Medications – Some chronic diseases like diabetes, multiple sclerosis, irritable bowel syndrome, and pelvic floor dysfunction all have the potential to contribute to constipation.
- Lifestyle and Health Changes – Sometimes it may occur due to the change in your daily routine. Many reasons why this can happen like aging, pregnancy, ignoring the urge to have a bowel movement, and other reasons.
Symptoms of constipation are any significant change of bowel habits in frequent, stool consistency and shape or the presence of bleeding with straining may also represent constipation. The symptoms may vary differently:
- Felling of blockage in your rectum
- Hard, dry, and lumpy stools
- Feeling bloating
- Abdominal pain
- Pain or difficulty while passing stools
- Difficulty while having a bowel movement
- Having less than three bowel movements/per week
Home Remedies For Constipation Relieve Naturally
There are some of the home remedies that may be helpful on your stressful days.
- Having more fluids – Having lots of fluids and water intake is the key to resolving the issue of constipation. Drinking water not only helps to soften the stool but it also helps to get the things moving. Carbonated water or drinking water especially right after waking up, may help to relieve the pain of constipation.
- Physical activity – The less amount of physical activity can irritate constipation. Just because of this, the dieticians recommend exercising regularly and increasing the frequency if required to ensure that the stool keeps moving smoothly.
- More fiber foods – The most important nutrient is fiber which helps in the consistency and regularity of bowel movements as well as in the increasing bulk of stools. Fiber helps to pass the food more smoothly through the digestive system. Some foods like brown rice, beans, peas, nuts, fibrous fruits, and vegetables can have a good impact on relieving constipation.
- Prune Juice – Consuming prune juice and eating prunes is also a good source of fiber. Studies found that if you consume it regularly for three weeks then it will improve stool consistency and frequency for the people experiencing constipation.
- Ginger – Ginger helps to reduce the pressure on the lower intestines. Moreover, it helps to decrease some other symptoms that often accompany constipation such as cramping, nausea, and bloating.
- Kiwis – It improves the process of digestion. Kiwi is one of the better-tolerated natural remedies for constipation. It also contains actinidin, which promotes movement in the upper gastrointestinal tract.
- Yoghurt and Kefir – Many dairy products like yogurt and kefir contain probiotics. That may help you to empty your bowels by softening stools. This will also improve the general gut health.
- Consume Caffeine – Consuming coffee and drinks containing caffeine may help to relieve constipation by stimulating the process of muscles in your digestive system. Moreover, consume it in average amounts as consuming too much caffeine can badly affect your overall health.
- Avoid such foods that worsen constipation – Certain foods can aggravate constipation and sometimes even induce it. Therefore, it is much better to avoid such foods. The foods that can potentially worsen constipation. Foods to avoid constipation are meat, fast food, boxes and frozen foods, deep-fried snacks, and processed foods.
A lot of people experience constipation at one point in their life. Constipation is uncomfortable and has a large number of potential underlying causes. If you notice constipation for a long period then you should see your doctor or dietician to find out if there is anything they can suggest to help relieve your constipation.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQS)
Question 1. Is there any difference whether I eat fiber or use a supplement?
Answer – No, there is no difference whether you eat fiber or take a supplement. It may vary from person to person some patients feel that the supplement makes them have less gas.
Question 2. Do stool softeners help?
Answer – Yes, it helps as medications for the colon are specific to the person. Stool softeners are safe and relatively inexpensive.