6 Reasons to Drink More Water – Why water is important for our body? How much do we need to drink daily? These are some common questions that came into your mind then this blog is for you. We are covering the most important 6 reasons to drink more water. Water plays a vital role in the optimum functioning of our bodies. Did you know? Water constitutes almost 60% of our body weight.
There is no doubt that water is a crucial element required for the daily functioning of not only human beings but also plants & animals. Water is required in our cells, tissues, and organs to perform varied tasks. But it is quite common to swap a glass of water with a cold drink or drink a cup of coffee. It is quite not equal and one should take care of daily consumption of water even if you are not doing any physical work all day.
Table of Contents
What exactly is water?
Water is an inorganic, tasteless, colourless, transparent chemical having a formula of H2O. It is a solvent and source of life. There are different natural states in which water exists in nature. Even around 70% of the earth’s surface is covered by water. Water has numerous benefits for us and it is a source of life. It gives birth to many living organisms.
Properties of Water –
- Exists in multiple natural states
- Building blocks of life
Importance of Water For our Body
There are plenty of reasons to describe the importance of water for the body. Water is the building block and acts as a solvent for all the chemical reactions that take place in our bodies. Also, it helps in maintaining blood levels and stimulates proper blood circulation. Moreover, water helps in regulating body temperature. It acts as a lubricant for organs and is important for healthy kidney function.
The daily intake of water varied from person to person. There are different factors contributing to the average intake of water such as exercise, environment, health, pregnancy, and breastfeeding. Usually, the average fluid intake for men is about 15.5 cups or 3.7 litres, and for women, it’s about 11.5 cups or 2.7 litres. Approx. 30%-50% daily requirement of water can be fulfilled by food.
Top 6 Reasons to Drink More Water
- Better Physical Performance – It is very important to take care of your daily intake of water, otherwise this will lead to dehydration. Dehydration can easily lead to fatigue. Drinking water will help in improving endurance, reducing fatigue, and preventing soreness after exercise.
- Help in Weight Management – If you are struggling in losing weight, then you should manage your water intake. As per the study, people tend to lose more weight who drank at least 500ml of water before each meal of the day.
- Boosting Mood – The study clearly showed that there is a correlation between mood swings and water intake. If you drink plenty of water it helps in calmness and positive emotions. So, drink more water.
- Important for Brain Functioning – Studies show that even a person suffering from mild dehydration can lead to difficulty in cognitive functioning. So, drink adequate water for better brain functioning.
- Prevent Headaches – If you are suffering from migraines or headaches, then you must take care of your daily fluid intake. It is quite a common cause of headaches or even migraines.
- Protection against disease – Dehydration can lead to kidney stones, coronary heart disease, urinary tract infection, asthma, and constipation. It is very important to take care of the intake of fluids.
Other Important Benefits of Water in our Life
- Water is a natural hunger suppressant.
- It also helps in burning more calories.
- Water plays an important role in removing waste from our bodies.
- Water helps in the proper functioning of the kidney and digestive system.
- It protects tissue, spinal cord, and joints
- It aids cognitive functions
What are the top tips for increasing drink intake?
- First of all, avoid sugarily or packaged drinks.
- Secondly, carry a water bottle with you and refill it throughout the day.
- While working, always place a water bottle/ glass of water with you.
- Also, Drink 500ml of water before each meal of the day.
- Moreover, You can add lime or lemon for taste and it is a healthy alternative.
- At last, you can use an app for tracking your intake of water.
Lastly, we hope you get all the information regarding “6 reasons to drink more water”. There are many studies conducted throughout the world suggesting the benefits and how crucial water is for our body. So, you should take care of and track your water intake for better health.
Top Related Searches