Best Dietitian For PCOD – PCOD is a common female endocrine disorder which causes serious health problems in women. The PCOD prevalence ranges from 2.2% to 26% in Indian women. A recent survey has shown that about 9.13% of adult women in India suffer from this health issue. You might be looking for the best dietitian for PCOD for getting the best health advice. We are here to help you in the best possible way.
Dietitian Priyanka Mittal is one of the leading and famous dietitians in Chandigarh city. She gives the best health advice for the patients suffering from PCOD. Her main motive is to improve your health condition by making necessary alterations in your diet and eating plan. For more details, call us at 09779217001 or you can send us your queries at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Table of Contents
PCOD is a health problem which is caused by an imbalance in the hormones and ovaries in women. This problem usually happens when a hormone called LH or insulin level is too high and that causes the ovaries to make extra amounts of testosterone.
You can decrease the risk factors of PCOD by maintaining a healthy diet and weight. This can be done by taking the diet which is rich in carbohydrates and low in fats.
Signs and Symptoms of PCOD
The main signs and symptoms of PCOD are mentioned below:
- Irregularity in periods or menstruation.
- Difficulty in getting pregnant due to irregular periods or failure in ovulation.
- Excess hair growth usually at the face, chest, back or buttocks.
- Weight gain or obesity.
- Hair loss from the head.
- Thinning of hairs.
- Oily skin appearance or pimples occurring regularly.
Risk Factors of PCOD
The common risk factors of PCOD are as follows:
- Excess Insulin – Insulin is basically a hormone produced in the pancreas gland which allows body cells to use sugar for providing energy to the body. Excess insulin production can cause difficulty in ovulating in women.
- Low-Grade Inflammation – The women having PCOD have a type of low-grade inflammation that stimulates polycystic ovaries to produce androgens. This may lead to health problems related to heart and blood vessels.
- Heredity Factor – Heredity factor also plays an important role in causing PCOD problem in women. There are certain genes which are linked to PCOD.
Major Complications of PCOD Problem
The major complications which can arise in the women having PCOD are:
- Infertility problem.
- Gestational diabetes occurs in pregnant women.
- Miscarriage or premature birth.
- High blood pressure, high blood sugar, abnormal rise in cholesterol.
- Type – 2 Diabetes
- Abnormal uterine bleeding
- Endometrial cancer
Role of a Dietitian In Treating PCOD
A right dietitian can treat this problem by suggesting you a healthy diet and eating plan. They will suggest a healthy and perfect diet plan which will include a high-protein diet. Protein-rich foods include lean meat, chicken, fish etc. The dietitian will suggest you manage your hunger and glucose levels. Dietitians are nutrition experts who can help you in adopting proper nutritional habits. They will also provide you reliable nutrition advice and guidance.
Dietitian Priyanka Mittal: Best Dietitian For PCOD
Dietitian Priyanka Mittal is one of the eminent health care professionals in the Chandigarh. She is having an experience of 5 years in Nutrition Solutions Industry. She is also a lifetime member of Indian Dietetics Association (IDA). Her motive is to treat the illness present in the people by suggesting proper nutritional diet plans in their lives. She also provides online advice for the people who can’t reach her.
So, if you are one of those women who is suffering from PCOD, then feel free to contact Dietitian Priyanka Mittal anytime.
Name – Priyanka Mittal
Address – SCO-12, GF, Amcare Plaza, VIP Road, Zirakpur-140603
Phone – 09779217001